Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Days Leading Up

Hi everyone! I keep saying, 'Today, I will put up a post for my blog"' - but I can tell you, time management has been the biggest issue I'm having since being married! I just feel like I have no time to do what I have been used to doing! I'm still trying to catch up after putting off everything due to the wedding planning/wedding/honeymoon.

Anyhow, I will try to be a little more consistent, even if it is just a small post.

So,it is good to be back! I'm feeling more 'human' again, which is actually refreshing.

The post date on this might say, April 20, which was the day I wrote it, hoping to get back and edit it. But today is actually April 28. So that tells you a little of where I am at, lol.

I was so busy during the wedding itself, I sort of lost touch with tracking my 'journey.' I'll do my best to back-track, and hopefully, include only the good stuff. It won't just be 'wedding' stuff - I'll try to stay current. This blog will need an update anyway, as we have completed our 'journey to the altar.' The new one begins. So, here we go...

The wedding was on Friday, March 26 - a month ago yesterday, actually. The week before was crazy. We had the rehearsal on the Saturday before, March 20. Then we had the Bridesmaids Brunch (which was originally supposed to be the rehearsal brunch), then the Bachelorette. You can read about that here.

The next day my sister (also a bridesmaid) had her new baby daughter christened, because my grandparents from Florida could be in town for both events. Unfortunately, I didn't make the church, only the dinner after. I was still trying to get the candelabras for my centerpieces from my friend Kari. Instead of making me go on a trip to NYC to pick them up, she was gracious enough to take an hour train ride each way out to me. She was great, and it was so worth it. I spent the in-between time lingerie shopping (funny how that gets lost in all the wedding planning fuss!).

I had work the next 2 days - both jobs - so, at that point, I was squeezing everything in. Mom and Nana were on detail for finishing the favors, I still had to put together the centerpieces and pack. James' dad was great to arrange a guy dinner for James, his dad and my dad.

So, by Wednesday, I was going crazy. I still had to pack up the rest of my apartment, which was stressing me out. My parents decided to put the house on the market on May 1, so I felt the pressure to get it as vacant as possible.

Thursday and Friday were blurs...Last minute shopping, apartment-packing, honeymoon-packing, picking up the dress, tanning...

I remember that James and I didn't talk too much during that time 24-48 time period. I think we were letting the anticipation build up to the big moment. We did see each other for a brief moment on Thursday at Home Depot to pick out a counter-top that a friend was installing for us while we were on our honeymoon (he did some renovations on our kitchen as a wedding gift! So generous!) - and to pick up his paycheck so I could pay the caterers. I remember that it was a little damp, chilly...but I remember kissing him goodbye in the parking lot saying, "I'll see ya at the altar!"

And on Thursday night, my dad and I headed to the reception hall to set up the centerpieces (which, I think, came out great! I loved them!). And I am so thankful for my dad...it would have taken me HOURS if it wasn't for him! I could have left them for the staff to do, but me being the perfectionist that I am... well, enough said.

I don't even remember what time I went to bed that night...I don't think it was too bad, but I do remember thinking, "This is the last time I will fall asleep in this house, in this bed, all by myself. It is really happening..."

More to come....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds crazy busy! I can't wait to read more and see some pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Katie! I am so glad you are doing well! So good to "hear" from you again!

    I want to tell you..... DON'T WORRY ABOUT US. If you don't get around to blogging, that's perfectly fine. You're a newlywed, and spending time on that brand new area of your life is far more important than keeping up posted. Don't stress about time - just enjoy this "newlywed" stage with your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete